January 25, 2022
Episode 7 of our patent licensing podcast from Meeting Room 7 focuses on warranties, liabilities and indemnities.
Charlotte Tillett, head of Stevens & Bolton’s life sciences group, is joined by Senior Associate Tom Collins and Partner Gustaf Duhs (as a special guest from our commercial and regulatory team) to discuss what needs to be considered - by both the licensor and licensee - when it comes to negotiating warranties, indemnities and liability provisions. The episode includes:
- An overview of warranties, indemnities and liabilities and the interaction between these provisions in licence agreements
- The typical types of warranties and indemnities that a licensor and licensee would expect to see in agreements of this nature, with a particular focus in the life sciences sector
- A discussion on the different ways in which a party may seek to limit its liability to the other party in a licence agreement
- How to tackle thorny issues such as caps on liability and negotiating a compromise position to strike a commercial deal
January 12, 2022
Episode 6 of our patent licensing podcast from Meeting Room 7 focuses on disputes.
Charlotte Tillett, head of Stevens & Bolton’s life sciences group, is joined by Head of IP Tom Lingard and dispute resolution partner Catherine Penny to discuss the practical aspects of disputes that might arise from patent and know how licensing agreements. Following on from the last episode, Disputes: Part 1, in which we covered the key provisions in an agreement required to properly address potential disputes, part 2 looks at the procedure, strategy and tactics.
The episode includes:
- Pre-action considerations and what to do when issues first arise
- Settlement opportunities
- The enforcement of a judgment or arbitral award
January 5, 2022
S&B’s People Podcast is a series of bite-sized podcasts aimed at busy HR professionals and employers.
Our topic for January is the UK’s War for Talent. As we enter 2022, the challenge of recruiting and retaining talent is greater than ever - what tactics, terms and benefits are most effective at winning the battle? What innovations have we seen to give businesses the edge? Employment law experts, Hannah Ford and Frances Rollin discuss here.
Do you have any themes or topics that you would like us to discuss? We would love to hear from you.